1. When you connect to the FIDE Players Database, at the top of Page 1 you will see 2 text boxes ("ID" and "Name") and the Search button. Type the Last Name of any FIDE chess player you know into the Name text box and click the Search button.
2. If you don’t know any name of any FIDE chess player, just for the test purposes you can type any name of the following well-known chess players: Carlsen, Anand, Kramnik, Topalov, Mamedyarov, Nakamura, Karjakin, Ivanchuk, or Kramnik.
3. The Name typed, the Search button clicked - You will get on Page 2. On Page 2 you will see the underlined links which are the combinations of the last and first names of the FIDE players. Click any underlined link and you will be redirected to Page 3.
4. At the top left of Page 3, you may see the photo of the FIDE player, his or her FIDE ID number, chess federation, FIDE title, B-year. Below it, find the Individual Calculations section and click any link marked as Available. If not available, it will be marked as "None".
5. If you click Available for January 2011, you will see all Elo results for each game played by the chess player for all tournaments which were submitted to FIDE before January 2011. If you see "None", it may mean that the player didn’t play during this period.
6.The FIDE Players Database is updated 6 times a year - by 1 January, 1 March, 1 May, 1 July, 1 September, and 1 November. The Database is the most trusted source for ELO calculations within FIDE and the basis for compiling the FIDE Players Rating List.